HHS Exam Exemptions Guidelines
Students will be eligible to work for spring exam exemptions in all courses. Students must meet all criteria per course in order to be eligible for exemptions in that course.
· Attendance: Students may have no more than the following absences for the 2nd semester for the course being exempted.
o A average for the spring semester (90-100) 5 days
o B average for the spring semester (80-89) 4 days
o C average for the spring semester (75-79) 3 days
· Grades: Student must be passing the course with at least a 75 for the spring semester.
· Discipline: Students must not have received more than 2 days of ISS, out of school suspension or a DAEP placement during the spring semester.
· Tardies: Students may not have accumulated more than (10) tardies total for all class periods (1st-8th) from Jan. 3rd to May 12th.
· IDs: Students may not have accumulated more than (10) NO ID marks total for all class periods (1st-8th) from Jan. 3rd to May 12th. IDs must be visible on a lanyard around a student’s neck or clipped to their shirt or belt loop. IDs attached to a backpack or in a student’s pocket or hand will be considered non-compliant.
All absences will be considered when determining exemption status with the exception of the following:
-Senior College Days
-School related activities
-Doctors’ appointments in which the student comes to school any part of the day
-Funeral for a family member or close friend (students are expected to bring a copy of the obituary)
In the event of an extenuating circumstance, an appeal may be filed with the student’s assistant principal. In addition, all attendance questions should be directed to your student’s Assistant Principal.
- HHS spring 2017 exemptions policy.pdf (378.45 KB)