SENIORS FAFSA TASFA Graduation Requirement
FAFSA / TASFA
New Texas Education Agency (TEA) FAFSA Graduation Requirement Starting for the 2021-2022 School Year
House Bill 3 (HB 3) Implementation: FAFSA Application
Beginning with students enrolled in 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year, each student must do one of the following in order to graduate:
- Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete and submit a Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA)
- Submit a signed opt-out form
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will make a variety of resources available to support school districts and open-enrollment charter schools in implementing the new requirement.
Right now, over 1.4 million students left $2.7 billion in financial aid on the table by not completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Federal financial aid for college is often underutilized due to the complexity of required paperwork; however, 90% of students who do complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) enroll in school. This year, the FAFSA is being streamlined in the hope of increasing participation.
- It's FREE. Doesn't cost you anything.
- It's EASY. The application has been majorly simplified.
It's FAST. It takes most students just 30 minutes to complete.
- Common FAQs
- Comparison of the FAFSA and TASFA
- Types of Financial Aid
- How Much Will My College Cost?
- Why is Completing the FAFSA/TASFA Important?
FAFSA Options in Order to Meet Graduation Requirements
In order to graduate from Hargrave High School, a student must complete one of the following options:
OPTION 1: CLICK HERE to complete the FAFSA
- Ensure that you have reviewed the 'Documents Needed' page before proceeding.
- While completing the FAFSA, when selecting your high school, you must use the drop down arrow to select Hargrave High School. Do not just type in Hargrave High School and move on. It must be selected in order for our records to reflect that it is complete.
OPTION 2: CLICK HERE to complete the TASFA
- Review the 'Who is Eligible for the TASFA' document
OPTION 3: CLICK HERE to officially opt-out of the FAFSA/TASFA
- Review the 'Benefits of Completing the FAFSA/TASFA' document prior to opting-out
- Know that the FAFSA is required in order to complete the admission process for many university and colleges.