Illness and Attendance:
Please refer to Huffman ISD's main website for the most updated information on our steps to manage COVID-19 in our district and for guidance on school exclusion.
While we want to strive for perfect attendance, we know there are times when students are truly ill and need to stay home. To minimize the spread of illness to other students and school faculty, please remember:
If your child becomes sick and develops a fever (100.0 or higher), the school’s policy is that they must remain home until they are fever free for a full 24 hours (without the use of fever reducing medications). Students should also remain out of school if experiencing vomiting, diarrhea or if they have other contagious illnesses.
The CDC gives flu prevention tips to help minimize the spreading of illness as:
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.